Tuesday, September 2, 2008

HOME AGAIN


This is one of my favourite photos from the 1200 plus that we took on this trip. Our shadow at sunrise at Uluru (Ayres Rock) in the middle of Australia. We did the base walk around Uluru and actually touched the rock. Quite a thrill. Uluru is the largest monolith in the world. A monolith is one single piece of rock. We have a monolith right here is BC called The Chief at Squamish on the way to Whistler (2010 Olympics site).
We are home, back in Surrey BC catching up on the time change and sleep. How does it feel? Like a dream come true. The jet lag was not too bad this time. Just one day and I feel back to normal (whoever said I was normal??)
I have been sorting our souvenirs and need some help from someone. While we were in the middle of our trip in the outback from Adelaide to Alice Springs, I inadvertently deleted all the pics from my disc in my camera. I immediately pulled it out to save whatever I can and put in a new one. I did not take any more photos on this disc.
My question: does anyone know of a recovery program that I can use to retrieve my photos??

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course this is a favorite photo...look how long your legs are! haha!
hugs n love
A.

Anonymous said...

WELCOME HOME!!!!!! You have grown SOOO tall over the last month! Is gravity lower in the South??

Angie

LindaG said...

Hi Nancy,
It's been fun reading about all your adventures.

Not fun to read about accidentally erasing photos - yuck!

Go to www.cnet.com, go to the Downloads section and search for "digital photo recovery"

There are many programs that will recover your files - some have free trials, many have reviews with user comments - very good to look at these. You should be able to find something here that will help.

Good luck and see you soon!
Huge hugs to you & April,
Linda

Quipay Adventures said...

Are you two picking on me??? Was that a short joke??? And there is no gravity south of the equator, especially where I was standing.....See you soon.
Hugs
Mom