Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Where have I been for the last six months????

Well, right now I am in Clearwater Florida visiting a good friend whom I went to high school with and we have remained good friends since.  Now, how many years ago was that??  Too many to mention.

The flight was a long journey but it was fabulous.  I stopped in Calgary for about 7 hours and rented a car and had brunch with my son, Tony.  It was just so wonderful to see him.  He does come home every other weekend but he is there to see the kids and his wife.  Great brunch at a little place along 12th Avenue called Lumiere (I think) - absolutely delicious.

Next leg was to get to Toronto and I stayed the night in Delta Airport Hotel - NOT!!! This is the only hotel in the whole airport row that does not send a regular bus to pick up customers.  We found out after standing at C22 pole for over 30 minutes that we had to phone to get a ride back to the hotel.  Not impressed.  There were 6 people waiting and none of us knew this.  Hmm.....Guess the hotel will not get my vote.

Next stop Tampa Florida and then over to Clearwater, where my girl friend lives.  After getting refreshed, my girlfriend, her boyfriend and I went to a great little place on the water for appies and a drink (2 for 1).  Margaritas!!!!  Ya! Ya!

Today Terry and I went to the Chilhuly Collection and then to the Chilhuly Hot Shop.  Beautiful work and learned at the Hot Shop.  More tomorrow.

In the meantime, I am off to bed - it is 12:30 am here and tomorrow we are off to hike around a little Island not too far from here.  I will have my trusty camera along for the ride and send some pics in the next blog....

April, I miss you

No comments: